Zing Zang isn’t just for bloody mary’s anymore! All you need for this recipe is Zing Zang and mussels! The rest is delicious, but optional.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (if desired)
- 1 large onion, chopped (if desired)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (if desired)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (if desired)
- 2 cups Zing Zang bloody mary mix
- 4 lb. fresh PEI mussels, scrubbed
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (if desired)
- sliced or torn baguette, to serve (if desired)
- Optional: Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium. Add onion and bell pepper to pot; sauté 3–5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
- Add bloody mary mix and mussels; cover and cook over medium heat 5–10 minutes or until shells have opened. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Divide mussels among four bowls. Ladle broth over top of mussels and garnish with parsley, if using. Serve warm with bread for dipping, if desired.
201 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G