Known for their striking red color, blood oranges are slightly sweeter than a regular orange with the added tangy flavors of red grapefruit and hints of tart cherries and raspberries. Pair with Greek yogurt to create the perfect harmony of creamy and citrusy flavors in an easy-to-eat yogurt bar.
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 6 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup blood orange juice
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. To a 9-inch square baking pan grease the bottom with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides to lift the bars out of the pan.
- To a food processor or blender add oats and pulse until finely ground. Add the almond flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt; pulse until combined. Add the melted butter and mix until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- To a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese. Using the whisk attachment of a hand mixer, beat until smooth.
- Beating until combined after each addition, add yogurt to bowl, followed by the egg and egg yolks, and finally 1/3 cup sugar, citrus juices and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until smooth.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust. Bake 30 minutes or until bars are set. Allow to cool 30 minutes at room temperature. Place bars in the refrigerator and cool 2–3 more hours.
- Lift bars out of the pan and cut into 12 squares. Garnish with orange or lemon slices, if desired. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 6 days.
167 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.