Tender scallops paired with flavorful orzo bring the cajun flare any night of the week!
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 cups unsalted chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp. salt-free Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 lb. sea scallops
- sliced green onion, to serve
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add bell peppers, onion and celery; sauté 10–12 minutes or until very soft. Add orzo and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, 1–2 minutes or until orzo is toasted. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until al dente, adding peas and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired. Remove from pot; cover and keep warm.
- Return pot to range and heat butter over medium-high until melted and very hot. Coat scallops with remaining Cajun seasoning and sear 1 minute per side or until opaque (or desired doneness).
- Serve scallops over orzo and top with green onion.
427 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.