This veggie based chili recipe will leave you feeling full and satisfied, but also happy with a minimal clean-up by using only one pot to cook everything in.
- 1/4 cup Schnucks olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups prepared black beans, rinsed
- 2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- sour cream, to serve (if desired)
- shredded cheese, to serve (if desired)
- diced avocado, to serve (if desired)
- diced onion, to serve (if desired)
- diced tomatoes, to serve (if desired)
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and carrot and sauté until soft, 7-10 minutes. Stir in chili powder, oregano, cumin and cayenne and cook 2 more minutes. Add beans, 1 cup water and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until flavors blend and chili thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve chili over rice and top as desired.
420 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2.5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.