These fruit-filled nests are a fabulous way to showcase spring.
- 3/4 cup Schnucks egg whites
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups Schnucks sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 2 fresh mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Add egg whites, salt and cream of tartar to large mixing bowl. Beat with whisk attachment on medium-low until foamy.
- Increase speed to medium. Continue to beat while adding sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Next, add vanilla. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Add mixture, 1 heaping tablespoon at a time (creating an indentation in the center of each), onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until dry, about 2 hours. Allow to cool. Top with berries and mint.
Meringue nests (before topping) can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
60 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0G