It’s time to turn up the beet.
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 large Schnucks egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. water
- 4 oz. Schnucks goat cheese, softened
- 4 oz. Schnucks cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 6 large beets, cooked, skin removed
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a deep dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll puff pastry and cover pie plate, pressing dough into the bottom and sides.
- Using a fork, poke bottom of crust several times throughout and crimp top of crust. Place pie weights at the bottom of the dish or top with an additional clean pie dish to keep bottom crust from rising.
- Mix egg and water together and brush over top of crust. Bake crust until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat goat cheese, cream cheese, thyme, salt and pepper until combined. Spread mixture into the bottom of pastry shell.
- Slice cooked beets in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/4 thick slices. Arrange beets in pastry shell, cut side down, starting in the center and working outward in a circular motion, slightly overlapping beer pieces.
- Drizzle tart with honey, sprinkle with pistachios and serve immediately.
361 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 10G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.