Create a delicious gravy using all of those yummy leftover juices and bits plus a few add-ins.
- 1/4 cup pan drippings, from roast
- 1 cup onions, chopped or 1 cup mushrooms, chopped (or 1/4 cup of each, chopped)
- 1/4 cup Schnucks flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Add pan drippings to a large pan over medium heat. Warm until melted.
- Add chopped onion and/or mushrooms to pan and sauté until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook until flour browns slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock, red wine and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until thickened.