Packed with tender beef, hearty vegetables and savory broth, this Beef & Cabbage Soup is the ultimate hug-in-a-bowl.
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks vegetable oil
- 2 lb. beef bone-in short ribs
- 1 tsp. Schnucks ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 (32 oz.) container Schnucks low sodium beef stock
- 4 cups baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 head cabbage, cored & chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large oven safe pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add short ribs and season with pepper. Sear all sides until browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic cloves, carrots and tomato paste, then stir until meat and root vegetables are coated.
- Transfer pot to preheated oven and roast for 30 minutes. Using oven mitts, remove pot and transfer back to stove.
- Remove meat from pot and debone. Dice meat and set aside. Place bones back in the pot.
- Add beef stock and potatoes to pot; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Gently stir, scraping bottom of the pot to prevent all the bits from roasting.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Skim fat off top every 10 minutes with a spoon.
- Add cabbage and diced beef, then simmer for 10 minutes until leaves are tender. Remove bones from pot. Season with salt and pepper (if desired). Serve hot.
317 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.