Upgrade your nacho game with this beef and bean nacho bake recipe from Schnucks.
- 1 1/2 lb. ground sirloin tip or ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 can (16 oz.) Schnucks fat-free refried beans
- 16 oz. medium salsa
- 3/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 3 tbsp. pickled jalapeño peppers, drained and diced
- 6 cup Schnucks bite size tortilla chips
- 8 oz. Schncks finely shredded Mexican four cheese blend
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In 12" skillet, cook beef, garlic and chili powder over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up meat with side of spoon into small pieces. Stir in refried beans, salsa and jalapeños. Cook 2 minutes or until mixture is well combined and heated through, stirring frequently.
- Spread about 3 cups tortilla chips in bottom of 13 x 9" glass or ceramic baking dish. Spread half of beef mixture over chips, about 3 cups, then top with half of cheese, about 1 cup. Repeat with remaining chips, beef mixture and cheese.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes longer or until top begins to brown.
- Remove nacho bake from oven. Evenly sprinkle with tomatoes and green onions. Serve with guacamole and sour cream, if desired.
573 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 14G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.