For your next lunch, put our recipe for Beef and Mushroom French Dip to use. Hearty and full of flavor, you’ll want to add this to your menu.
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter
- 1 lb. mushroom caps, gills removed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup unsalted beef broth
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks coarse-ground mustard
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 lb. no-salt-added Boar’s Head roast beef, sliced
- 4 small whole wheat hoagie rolls, split
- 4 Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Natural Cheese Slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat butter in a large high-sided skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until browned, 6-8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add onion to pan and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- To make au jus, add beef broth, mustard and Worcestershire to pan with mushrooms. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add slices of beef, one at a time, to au jus and continue to cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place rolls on a baking sheet split-side up. Place one slice of cheese into each roll and bake until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove beef and mushroom mixture from au jus and divide among rolls. Serve immediately with au jus on the side for dipping.
419 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G