Creamy potato soup served with bacon bits, green onion and cheese. Does it get more cozy than that?
- 1/4 cup Schnucks butter
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion, plus more to serve
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups Schnucks milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 2 large russet potatoes, cooked, peeled and coarsely mashed (about 2 cups mashed potatoes)
- 1 cup Schnucks shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Schnucks Real Bacon Pieces
- hot sauce, to serve (if desired)
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add green onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3–5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour and cumin and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute more. Add milk and broth to pot; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 12–15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coarsely mashed potatoes, breaking up any large pieces with a wooden spoon, and continue to cook until warmed through. Add 3/4 cup cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve soup topped with remaining cheese, bacon pieces, sliced green onion and hot sauce, if desired.
431 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 17G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.