Baked Cod, or Mahi Mahi, with a red pepper and onion relish makes for a colorful and healthy option. Even better–it’s ready in under 30 minutes!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. cod or mahi mahi fillets, cut into 6-ounce pieces
- 2 small lemons
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill fronds
- 1 large garlic clove (about 1 tsp.)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 10 green onions, chopped (about 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven 375°F. Line 13 x 9-inch glass, ceramic baking dish, or rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil; drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Place fish in prepared dish and coat top of fish with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with juice from 1/2 lemon, salt and black pepper. Slice 1 lemon into very thin slices and place over top of fish. Sprinkle with dill. Bake fish 14 to 16 minutes if cooking from frozen (or 6 to 8 minutes if cooking from thawed) or until fish turns opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and bell pepper and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in green onions and cook 1 minute or just until heated through, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat; stir in cayenne and juice from remaining 1/2 lemon.
- Transfer fish to serving platter. Discard lemon slices and spoon relish over top of fish to serve.
200 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G