Try a new take on steak and seafood for dinner with Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignons with Crab Sauce.
- 4 slices Schnucks sliced bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 (8 oz.) filet mignons
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), cut into cubes and softened
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped (1 1/2 tbsp.)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon leaves plus additional for garnish
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 1 (6 oz.) can refrigerated or canned white or lump crabmeat, drained and picked through
- 2 wooden sticks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer bacon to rimmed baking pan; set skillet aside to use later.
- In small bowl, mix garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper and cayenne. Rub garlic mixture on both sides of filets. Preheat same skillet over medium-high heat. Add filets and cook 2 minutes on each side to brown; transfer filets to baking pan with bacon.
- When cool enough to handle, wrap each filet with 2 slices bacon, securing with wooden picks. Roast filets on same baking pan 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140°F. Let stand 5 minutes. (Temperature will increase 5°F upon standing for medium-rare.)
- Meanwhile, in 1- to 2-quart saucepan, melt about 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat. Add shallot and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine and cook 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and cook 1 minute. Stir in cream. Reduce heat to low; with whisk, slowly stir in remaining butter. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in tarragon, white pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. In small microwave-safe bowl, warm crabmeat in microwave oven on high 10 seconds or until heated through. Fold crabmeat into sauce.
- Remove wooden picks from filets. Spoon crab sauce over and around each filet. Sprinkle with tarragon, if desired.
1122 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 45G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.