It’s getting colder outside and time to have warm comforting meals like this fall inspired take on chicken pot pie.
ga•lette (noun): a flat round pastry; the easier version of a pie.
- 3 tsp. Schnucks unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale or Swiss chard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup Schnucks frozen peas
- 1 Schnucks Ready to Bake Pie Crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes, green onion and kale. Cook until kale wilts and potatoes start to soften, 3-5 minutes. Stir in garlic powder, oregano and sage. Season with salt if desired.
- Whisk together broth and flour, then add to pan. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chicken and peas.
- Unroll crust onto parchment-lined sheet pan and top with kale mixture, leaving 1½-inch bare edge along perimeter. Fold edge over filling, overlapping and pleating dough while leaving center uncovered. Brush dough with egg.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling, 25-30 minutes Let rest 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
520 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 9G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.