This shrimp sauce comes straight from Aunt Carmella’s recipe collection. The flavorful tomato sauce pairs perfectly with shrimp sautéed in garlic and parsley for a quick, easy meal that’s ready in just 15 minutes.
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 lb. shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 oz.) can tomato puree
- basil, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper, optional
- 1 lb. Anna Capellini
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, parsley and shrimp; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add wine and tomato puree, mixing well, then cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with basil, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper, to taste.
- Prepare pasta per package instructions.
- Toss pasta in sauce until well coated.