This side dish is simple and surprising.
- 10 large apples, peeled and cored
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp. water, divided
- 1/2 cup Schnucks sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks cornstarch
- Cut apples into 1 1/2 pieces. Toss in lemon juice and place in a medium pot with 1 cup water, sugar and cinnamon.
- Boil for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples break down and large pieces are tender.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water and pour into applesauce. Boil until thickened, about 1 minute. Can be served hot, room temperature or cold.
157 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0G