Add some spice to your Thankgiving table with this apple-rum cinnamon bread pudding.
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cut into 1/2 pieces
- 3 Schnucks large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Schnucks whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Schnucks granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. dark rum
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large Fuji or Gala apple, cored and cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Set oven to 350°F. Place bread in single layer on large rimmed baking pan; bake in oven while oven preheats 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once halfway through baking
- In large bowl, with whisk, stir eggs, cream, sugar, rum, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add bread to egg mixture and stir with rubber spatula to submerge bread in liquid; let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place eight (4 to 5 ounce) oven-safe ramekins on same rimmed baking pan; spray ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add apple and walnuts to bread mixture; toss to combine. Evenly divide bread mixture into prepared ramekins, pressing to make sure bread is covered in as much liquid as possible.
- Bake bread puddings loosely covered with aluminum foil 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until centers are set, tops are lightly browned and bread puddings puff. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
401 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 13G