Nothing beats a great burger like this All-American Smash Burger! Skip the fancy ingredients and lots of prep work – spend less time grillin’ and more time livin’!
- 1 lb. Schnucks ground beef
- olive oil
- 1 slice American cheese
- toasted buns
- sliced tomato
- sliced onion
- sliced pickles
- shredded lettuce
- Prepare grill for direct heat and place an ovenproof griddle on grate to preheat. Divide 1 pound Schnucks ground beef into 4 equal-size balls and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover griddle with olive oil; add beef and immediately press down with spatula to flatten (after flattening, do not press down on beef again).
- Cook for 3 minutes then flip and top each patty with a slice of American cheese. Cover and cook until beef reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees or until desired doneness.
- Stack one or two prepared burger patties on toasted buns topped with sliced tomato, sliced onion, sliced pickles, shredded lettuce and condiments of choice.
We recommend using 1/2 cup Red Gold Ketchup, 1/4 cup Schnucks yellow mustard and 1/4 cup Schnucks mayonnaise to make our All-American Sauce. Or, for some added kick, try our Zesty Burger Sauce.
450 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 10G