Looking for a simple bread recipe that will fill your home with the aroma of freshly baked goodness? Look no further than our 4 Ingredient Bread!
- 6 cups Schnucks all purpose flour (plus extra for kneading)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups lukewarm water, divided
- 2 tbsp. rapid rise yeast
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour and salt; stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Pour 1 cup lukewarm water into well and sprinkle yeast on water. Rest for 3–5 minutes or until yeast is fully dissolved.
- Stir yeast mixture into dough, adding remaining cup of water in small increments as needed, until a sticky dough forms.
- With floured hands, knead dough in a bowl for 5–10 minutes until smooth dough ball forms. Cover bowl with a kitchen towel loosely, then allow dough to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Once doubled in size, deflate dough by punching down with a floured hand; place on a floured surface. Shape into two loaves and place into two greased loaf pans. Let rise, covered with a kitchen towel, for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with rack positioned in middle of oven.
- With a sharp paring knife, cut a 1/2 -inch deep slit on top of dough. Bake for 15 minutes.
- With bread in oven, reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Bake bread for an additional 15-20 minutes or until top of bread is golden brown. Cool completely in pans, remove and slice to serve.
200 CALORIES Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0G
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe.