It only takes 30 minutes to make this easy Caprese Pasta.
- 1 lb. penne pasta (8 cups)
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella pearls or 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups basil pesto
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat over to 425°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, pasta, cheese, tomatoes, pesto and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly distribute pasta in a 9″x13″ baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it is heated through and cheese is bubbly. If pasta browns too quickly, cover with foil.
- Top with chopped basil before serving.