You’re 25 minutes away from delicious chicken tortilla soup.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce, optional
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Garnish options: chopped cilantro, avocado sliced, tortilla strips, crushed tortilla chips
- Over medium high heat, add oil to bottom of stock pot or Dutch oven, and then add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until translucent and fragrant. Add cumin, paprika, chili powder and hot sauce.
- Slowly add in chicken broth, tomatoes, black beans, corn and shredded chicken. Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Take off the heat and stir in lime juice and sour cream.
- Divide between bowls and garnish with cilantro, avocado and tortilla strips, if desired.