This white bean chicken chili might become your new favorite chili recipe.
- 1 lb Schnucks Natural boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½" pieces
- 8 slices turkey bacon, each piece cut crosswise into ¼" pieces
- 2 green and/or red bell peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Schnucks all-purpose flour
- 1½ tbsp chili powder
- 1½ crushed oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- (3) 15 oz cans Schnucks great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- (1) 28 oz can Schnucks diced tomatoes
- 1¾ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Schnucks light sour cream and cilantro, for garnish
- In large saucepot, cook chicken and bacon over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until chicken begins to brown, stirring frequently. Add bell peppers and onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in flour, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes with their juice and broth and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 20 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally. Makes about 10 cups.
- Ladle chili into deep soup bowls. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
274 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G