Slow cooked and full of flavor. Try this recipe for dinner tonight!
- ¼ cup Schnucks extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ lb ground turkey
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 4½ cups skinless, pre-cooked turkey meat
- (1) 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- (1) 6 oz can Schnucks tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- (1) 15 oz can Schnucks great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- (1) 15 oz can Schnucks hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups red, green and/or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 6 cups less-sodium chicken stock
- Schnucks shredded Cheddar cheese and Schnucks sour cream, for garnish
- In large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook 5-7 minutes or until browned, breaking up turkey with side of spoon. Stir in chili powder, salt and cayenne. Stir in garlic, jalapeños, leftover turkey, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and cilantro.
- Stir in beans, onions, bell peppers and stock; heat to boiling over high heat. Boil 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook chili 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer chili to slow cooker; cover and cook on high 5-6 hours. To serve, top chili with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
377 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G