Squash dinner tonight.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into ½" pieces
- 2 cups water
- 32 oz vegetable or chicken broth
- ¾ cup Pinot Grigio wine
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups Schnucks Arborio rice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- ¼ cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 slices Schnucks hardwood smoked bacon, optional
- In saucepan, heat 2½ cups squash and water to boiling over high heat; reduce heat to medium and cook 5-6 minutes or until tender. Carefully transfer squash mixture with liquid to bowl of food processor with knife blade attached. Process until smooth; return squash mixture to same pan.
- Add broth and wine to squash mixture. Simmer over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until heated through; reduce heat to low. Reserve ½ cup squash mixture.
- In heavy saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add rice; stir 2 minutes or until grains are completely covered with oil and heated through. Stir in remaining 1½ cups squash pieces and 2 cups squash mixture; cook until most liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly. Continue adding squash mixture, 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until absorbed before adding another cup. This will take about 20 minutes until rice and squash are tender.
- Meanwhile, if using, on microwave-safe large plate, cook bacon in single layer between 2 paper towel sheets in microwave oven on high 3 minutes or until crispy. When cool enough to handle, crumble.
- Stir cheese, parsley and reserved ½ cup squash mixture into rice just before serving. Sprinkle with bacon to serve, if desired.
290 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G