This spicy southwestern pasta makes a great dinner dish.
- 1 lb Schnucks bow tie pasta
- 15 oz Schnucks tomato sauce
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 15.25 oz can of corn, drained
- 15 oz can Schnucks black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup Schnucks shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced black olives, for garnish
- Sliced jalapeño peppers, for garnish
- Cook Schnucks bow tie pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan, combine tomato sauce, tomatoes with green chilies, corn, beans, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer while the pasta finishes cooking. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, return to pan, and pour sauce over, and stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese on top and serve immediately. If desired, garnish with black olives and jalapeño slices.
435 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G