There’s no sweeter way to start the day than with this Strawberry Shortcakes recipe from Schnucks.
- 2 lb strawberries, tops removed and sliced
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2⅓ cups Bisquick
- ⅔ cup Schnucks buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Schnucks sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 large Schnucks egg, beaten
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix strawberries with ¼ cup powdered sugar. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat own to 450°. In a large bowl, stir together Bisquick, buttermilk, sugar, juice and zest until combined. Spray a bakng sheet with cooking spray and drop batter in ⅓ cup scoops, about 2" apart, onto sheet. Mix egg with 1 tbsp water and brush on dough. Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Slice biscuits. Place strawberries and whipped topping between biscuit slices. Garnish and serve immediately.
Whip It Good
Go the extra mile by replacing whipped topping with real whipped cream! Using an electric mixer, beat 2 cups heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed until peaks begin to form. Add 2 tbsp powdered sugar and ½ tsp vanilla extract. Beat just until incorporated.
280 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G