This pancake is a savory way to start the day.
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 3 Schnucks eggs
- ¾ cup Schnucks skim milk, room temperature
- ½ cup Schnucks flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh spinach or kale
- ½ cup Schnucks shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Add an ovenproof skillet to oven and heat at least 25 minutes before using.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to a small bowl and microwave until melted, about 30 seconds. In a large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Whisk in milk and melted butter, then add flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper, whisking until combined.
- Remove skillet from oven and add 1 tablespoon butter; swirl to coat. Immediately pour egg mixture into skillet and bake until puffed and edges have browned, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring frequently until wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Remove pancake from oven; top with cheese and cooked spinach. Serve immediately.
296 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 11G