This strata is Gruyère to please.
- 2 tbsp Schnucks unsalted butter
- 16 oz Schnucks Bakery challah or egg bread, cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 lb ham, thinly shaved
- 1 lb processed Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 15 Schnucks large eggs
- 1/2 cup Schnucks whipping cream
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Grease 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with butter. In bottom of prepared dish, using half of each, evenly layer bread, tearing to fit if necessary, ham, cheese, tomatoes and asparagus; repeat layers with remaining half of each ingredient.
- In large bowl, with whisk, beat eggs until light yellow; add cream, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk until well blended. Slowly pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture; cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake strata, uncovered, 1 hour or until top is golden brown, wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and internal temperature reaches 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes; sprinkle with thyme, if desired, to serve
451 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 13G