Try this take on bruschetta with grilled tuna, capers and red onion.
- 2 (8 oz) tuna steaks
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Schnucks Dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp Schnucks pure honey
- ⅜ tsp salt, divided
- ¾ cup Full Circle Organic extra olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- Place 2 (8 oz) tuna steaks and ½ cup olive oil in large zip-top plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 day. (This helps keep the fish moist.)
- Whisk together 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 2 tsp Schnucks Dijon mustard, ¾ tsp Schnucks pure honey and ⅛ teaspoon salt; whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in ¼ cup Full Circle Organic extra virgin olive oil until emulsified.
- Toss ¼ cup drained capers and 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion with all but 2 tbsp lemon juice mixture.
- Remove tuna from marinade; discard marinade.
- Brush both sides of tuna with remaining lemon juice mixture; sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp cracked black pepper.
- Grill tuna, covered, on high 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Flake tuna with fork; toss with caper mixture.
- Top each crostini with about 2 heaping tablespoons tuna mixture; evenly sprinkle with 2 tablespoons chopped chives.
- 1 (10.5 oz) French baguette loaf, cut on a bias into ¾" thick slices
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Brush both sides of French baguette with 2½ tablespoons olive oil.
- Grill slices on medium-high 1½ minutes per side or until grill marks appear; rub top sides of bread slices with 1 garlic clove.
Crostini can be prepared up to 2 days in advance. Cool completely, then place in a large zip-tight plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Store crostini at room temperature.