White Turkey Chili
TOTAL: 1 HOUR 10 MIN • 8 SERVING(s)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 pounds ground turkey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, diced
2 green bell peppers, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
2 cans chicken stock
1 pound tomatillos, diced
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
3 dashes green hot sauce (or to taste)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the turkey and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain off extra liquid and add the garlic, onion, bell peppers, celery, jalapeno. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the stock, tomatillos, coriander, cumin, oregano, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 6-8 minutes, or until tomatillos are soft.
- Puree half of the beans. Add the mashed and whole beans and heat through.
- If desired, serve with Greek yogurt, avocado and jalapeno.