Give your salad a kick.
- 2 limes
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp Schnucks honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg turkey breast filets
- 1 pkg grape tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 1 pkg fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded Schnucks Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- From limes, squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. In blender, add lime juice, garlic, jalapeño, honey, chili powder, salt and pepper; blend until puréed. With blender running, very slowly pour oil into blender to emulsify. Place turkey fillets and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette in large zip-tight plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Massage turkey in bag to coat with vinaigrette. Let stand at room temperature at least 10 minutes or up to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Cut each tomato in half. Thinly slice red onion. You should have about ½ cup sliced red onion.
- Remove turkey from marinade; discard marinade. Place turkey on hot grill rack. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until turkey loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°F, turning once halfway through cooking. Transfer turkey to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
- In large salad bowl, toss spinach, cheese, tomatoes and onion with remaining vinaigrette from blender until well combined. Thinly slice turkey fillets. Evenly divide spinach mixture between each of 4 dinner plates; top salads with sliced turkey.
456 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 7G