This Vietnamese grilled shrimp salad is easy to make and even easier to enjoy.
- 14 oz pkg vermicelli rice noodles
- ⅓ cup Asian fish sauce
- ¼ cup packed Schnucks brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail shells removed (thaw if necessary)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium English cucumber
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup Schnucks dry roasted peanuts
- 8 oz shredded iceberg lettuce
- Prepare noodles as label directs. In small bowl, stir together fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and garlic until sugar dissolves. Transfer ¼ cup to pie plate or shallow bowl; add shrimp and toss to coat. Stir water into remaining lime mixture in small bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Shred carrots and cucumber. Coarsely chop cilantro, mint and peanuts.
- Place shrimp on hot grill rack; discard marinade. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Drain noodles well, then transfer to large platter or shallow bowl. Add ½ cup lime mixture and toss to combine. Spread noodles evenly in platter; top with lettuce, carrots, cucumber, cilantro, mint and peanuts. Arrange shrimp on top. Drizzle remaining sauce over salad or serve on the side.
346 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G