- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into ¼" inch pieces
- 1 small jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp + 1 tbsp Schnucks extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp salt, plus additional to taste (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, plus additional to taste (optional)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1½ lb fresh salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
- From half of lime, squeeze 1 tablespoon juice into medium bowl. Stir in mango, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, 2 teaspoons oil and salt and black pepper to taste, if desired; set aside. Makes about 1½ cups.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat, or just before cooking, preheat grill pan 2 minutes over medium-high heat. Squeeze remaining juice from lime into pie plate or shallow dish; stir in garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add salmon and turn to coat. Sprinkle salmon with remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Place salmon on hot grill rack, skin side up, and cook 7 to 9 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F and center is still slightly pink, turning once halfway through cooking. If desired, remove skin from salmon.
- To serve, place 1 piece of salmon on each of 4 dinner plates; top salmon with mango relish.
262 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 2G