To-MAY-to or to-MAH-to? No matter how you say it, this local favorite belongs in this spiced jam recipe.
- 1½ lbs local tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Schnucks allspice
- ¼ tsp Schnucks cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a heavy-bottom, non-reactive pot and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for one hour. Let cool.
- Carefully pour jam into jars, leaving ¼ inch of space at top. Cover and refrigerate up to two weeks or freeze up to three months.
280G Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 0MG