Kick up your holiday ham with this jalapeño-mustard glazed recipe from Schnucks!
- (1) 7-8 lb Schnucks spiral sliced ham
- 2 cups fresh or refrigerated orange juice
- 1 1/3 cups packed Schnucks brown sugar
- 1 cup Schnucks Dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 4 small jalapeño chile pepers, seeded and finely chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Orange wedges and fresh bay leaves for garnish
- Place roasting rack in large roasting pan. Place ham, cut side down, on rack in pan; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 300°F. In small saucepan, heat orange juice, brown sugar, mustard, jalapeño and garlic to boiling over medium-high heat; cook 30 minutes or until glaze is reduced to about 2-1/2 cups, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Cover ham loosely with aluminum foil. Bake ham 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove ham from oven; increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups glaze. Brush ham with about 1/2 cup remaining glaze; add 1/2 inch of water to bottom of roasting pan. Bake ham, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 120°F, brushing every 5 minutes with remaining glaze.
- Transfer ham to serving platter; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let ham stand 15 minutes before serving. Internal temperature will rise to 140°F upon standing. Garnish ham with orange wedges, bay leaves and jalapeños, if desired, along with reserved glaze.
529 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 3G