This southwest chicken salad is easy-to-make and even easier to enjoy.
- 2 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 8 oz Schnucks hot pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 pkg grilled chicken strips
- (1) can Schnucks black beans, drained and rinsed
- (2) Schnucks hearts of romaine, each cut crosswise into ½" pieces
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup tri-color tortilla strips
- 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2½ tsp chipotle salsa
- Prepare Dressing: From lime, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice into large salad bowl. Add remaining dressing ingredients and stir with whisk until well combined.
- Prepare Salad: With sharp knife, cut kernels from ears of corn; place uncooked corn in bowl with dressing. Add remaining salad ingredients except tortilla strips. Toss until well coated with dressing. Divide salad between each of 4 dinner plates. Sprinkle each salad with ¼ cup tortilla strips.
688 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 13G