This recipe echoes the flavors of the Greek Islands.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 8 small lemons
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ tsp Schnucks Dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup California Olive Ranch® extra virgin olive oil
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and cut into ¼" pieces
- 3 cups Schnucks herb whole roasted chicken, shredded
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leave, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In bottom of 3-quart glass trifle dish or bowl, evenly spread bulgur. From lemons, squeeze 1 cup juice into medium bowl. With whisk, stir in garlic, mustard, salt and black pepper; slowly drizzle in oil, stirring constantly. Evenly pour 1 cup juice mixture over bulgur.
- Over bulgur, evenly layer cucumber, chicken, onion, parsley, mint, dill, beans, red peppers, cheese and tomatoes; with whisk, stir remaining juice mixture and evenly pour over tomatoes. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 24 hours or up to 2 days before serving.
For a timesaver, try using 1⅓ cups of your favorite bottled red wine vinaigrette in place of the juice mixture.
270 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 4G