Schnucks Harvest Chili recipe includes comforting seasonal favorites like squash, apples and sage, making this chicken chili a new fall favorite.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb ground chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into ½" cubes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 32 oz chicken stock
- (1) can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- (1) Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- (1) 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- (1) bunch green onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken; cook 5-6 minutes, strain excess juice and return to pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the squash, chili powder, cayenne and salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add stock, diced tomatoes and tomato paste, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10-12 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Cook apples for 4-5 minutes, until light brown.
- Add the apples, beans and sage to the chili. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, until apples are tender. Stir in the green onions and parsley, let cool and serve.