Doris Schnuck’s Famous Barbecue Sauce
Ingredients 2 tbsp butter or shortening1 onion, minced1 tsp garlic, minced1 cup Schnucks catsup½ cup water1 tbsp lemon juice1 tbsp wine vinegar2 tbsp brown sugar1... >
- 2 tbsp butter or shortening
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup Schnucks catsup
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- Put butter or shortening in a medium sized saucepan and place over moderately high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until they begin to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add catsup, water, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Simmer mixture, stirring often, 20 minutes.