Need dinner plans? Try this Aztec chili!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh poblano pepper, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 32 oz chicken stock
- (1) 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- (1) 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- (1) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a heavy bottom stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook beef for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Strain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the remaining oil and add onion, garlic, poblano and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cocoa powder, cumin, oregano, cinnamon and cayenne. Add broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes, or until beef is tender.
- Stir in pumpkin, beans, and salt and black pepper, heat through.
- If desired, top with fresh cilantro, tortilla strips and sour cream.