Loved locally, the Gerber originates from St. Louis’ Ruma’s Deli and is named after the owners’ neighbor, Dick Gerber. Did you know: Mr. Gerber used to make his own sandwiches in the Ruma’s kitchen and this one (now known as “the Gerber”) was so well-loved, it earned a permanent spot on the menu.
- ¼ cup Schnucks butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Schnucks Italian seasoning
- 1 Schnucks bakery French mini loaf, halved lengthwise and cut in half
- 12 pieces thinly sliced ham
- ½ lb shredded Imo's® branded Provel® cheese
- ½ tsp Schnucks paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Spread mixture on cut sides of bread; top with remaining ingredients. Bake until bread is toasted and cheese has melted, 8-10 minutes. Serve open faced.
457 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 19G