National Strawberry Month
Did you know May is National Strawberry Month? Sweet, delicious and nutritious — it’s no wonder this fruit gets an entire month dedicated to it. Whether they’re fresh from the garden, blended in smoothies or included in a main dish, this versatile fruit makes any meal shine.
Celebrate with a Sweet Deal!
Celebrate National Strawberry Month with a sale from Schnucks! Get a 2 lb package of Driscoll's strawberries for only $5 from 5/15–5/21. How sweet is that?
Did You Know?
These facts are berry interesting.
- Strawberries aren't technically berries. They belong to the rose family.
- Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen each spring.
- There are 200 seeds on an average strawberry.
- Strawberries are grown in every single U.S. state.
- According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Americans eat an average of 3.4 pounds of fresh strawberries every year.
- Strawberries give off a sweet fragrance as they grow.