Add a savory touch to your holiday dinner with this cauliflower kugel.
- 2 heads cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 4 large Schnucks eggs
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- ½ cup Schnucks shredded Swiss cheese
- ¼ tsp salt, divided
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp Schnucks butter, melted
- ½ tsp Schnucks garlic powder
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss cauliflower and onion with lemon juice and zest. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes until cauliflower and onion soften and start to brown.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta, ¾ cup parsley, Swiss cheese, ⅛ tsp salt and pepper. Stir in cauliflower mixture and transfer to a prepared 8x8" baking dish.
- Stir together butter, garlic powder and remaining parsley and salt. Top cauliflower mixture with panko then butter mixture. Cover and refrigerate if making ahead.
- To serve: Bake uncovered in a 400°F oven until warmed through, about 25-35 minutes.
161 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 6G