Don’t you bruschettabout this recipe from Schnucks.
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp kalamata olives, chopped
- 1½ tsp anchovy paste
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Slice eggplant, tomatoes and onion into 1" thick slices.
- Brush both sides with 3 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with ¾ tsp salt and 1 tsp cracked black pepper.
- Grill vegetables, covered, on medium-high 10 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Chop vegetables into 1" pieces.
- Toss with ¼ cup red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp chopped kalamata olives, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1½ tsp anchovy paste.
- Top each crostini with about 2 heaping tablespoons eggplant mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle with 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves and ¼ cup toasted pine nuts.
- 1 (10.5 oz) French baguette loaf, cut on a bias into ¾" thick slices
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Brush both sides of French baguette with 2½ tablespoons olive oil.
- Grill slices on medium-high 1½ minutes per side or until grill marks appear; rub top sides of bread slices with 1 garlic clove.
Crostini can be prepared up to 2 days in advance. Cool completely, then place in a large zip-tight plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Store crostini at room temperature.