Thank you for reaching out to Schnucks and thinking of us for your upcoming fundraising event. Since the declaration of the COVID-19 national emergency announcement and to align with social mandates by local government, we have taken similar precautions and are discouraging storefront events for community fundraising. Although we are not accepting applications for solicitations currently, we encourage you to check back as we will re-open the application process soon. Thank you to all of our nonprofit partners for supporting the communities we serve.
Effective July 1, 2020, all storefront solicitation events with Schnucks will have new mandatory requirements for organizations. We encourage you to review this prior to completing a solicitation application so we can help you help others in a safe manner.
- Maximum of two volunteers will be allowed for all storefront events with social distancing standards in place and used in all instances
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- All volunteers are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) for the duration of their scheduled time. It is the responsibility of organization to provide their volunteers PPE which includes:
- Face Masks - must remain on and properly in place during scheduled time
- Gloves - must be used if handling anything that will be provided to - or - by customers (i.e. grocery lists, or collection of goods/money)
Schnucks believes one way that we can nourish our communities is to allow eligible nonprofit organizations to seek community support from our customers. Charitable solicitation events provide our customers an opportunity to donate to local organizations, and those organizations a larger platform to raise awareness and source contributions to promote their cause.
WHAT DOES CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AT SCHNUCKS LOOK LIKE?
We work with local IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and first responder units who provide emergency services to our store locations, to host one-time charitable solicitation events at our store fronts to seek support from our customers. Examples of charitable solicitation events could include; Girl Scouts selling cookies, Salvation Army bell ringers collecting donations during the winter holiday season, a toiletry items drive, or a food drive.
TYPES OF EVENTS THAT WE DO NOT CONSIDER FOR SOLICITATIONS:
- Requests for monetary sponsorship for a business or individual
- Requests supporting political events, golf tournaments, galas, celebration / appreciation / recognition events, seminars, conferences, workshops, or reunions
- Fundraisers or benefits for individuals/families and/or events in memory of individuals/families
- Informational Tables or Participant/Volunteer Sign-up Tables
- Third-party fundraisers
WHO IS ALLOWED TO SOLICIT AT A SCHNUCKS STORE?
- Your organization must be an IRS-designated 501(c)(3) nonprofit. A copy of your organization's 501(c)(3) IRS Determination letter is required for review of your request (here is a sample 501(c)(3) letter).
- Your organization must not have solicited at Schnucks more than 3 times in the previous 12 months.
- You must agree not to use any donated items or funds for political contributions.
- Ability to provide liability insurance in the form of a Certificate of Insurance naming Schnuck Markets, Inc. as an additional insured party.
HOW DOES MY 501(C)(3) APPLY FOR A SOLICITATION?
Follow the steps below:
- Complete the online application and submit to our office at least 90 days in advance of your requested event date.
- Please have a copy of your official IRS 501(c)(3) Determination Letter (here is a sample 501(c)(3) letter) saved to your computer so it can be uploaded during the "document" section of the online application. This is required for consideration and to confirm the nonprofit organization's 501(c)(3) status. File formats accepted: .doc, .docs, .docx, .pdf.