Time oat! This slow-cooker oatmeal can help keep students full and focused.
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups steel-cut oats (do not use rolled oats)
- ¼ cup Schnucks brown sugar
- ½ tsp Schnucks ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Schnucks heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Toppings of choice
OUR RECOMMENDED TOPPINGS
APRICOT HONEY OATMEAL
- Combine chopped dried apricots, chopped pistachios and honey to create this sweet and hearty dish.
BUCKY BUNNY OATMEAL
- Make a breakfast every bunny will love! Add apple ears, teeth and whiskers to a bowl with blueberry eyes and a strawberry nose.
- Generously spray the interior of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place water, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt into slow cooker and cook on low for 5-7 hours (we recommend 5 hours).
- Stir in cream and vanilla. Top as desired and serve immediately. Cover and refrigerate leftovers up to 3 days. Reheat in microwave.
Why steel-cut oatmeal?
Unlike rolled oats, steel-cut oats are great reheated. However, they do take longer to cook. So, instead of standing over the stove, save time by using the slow cooker to make a large batch that will feed the family for several days!
182 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 1G