Don’t fritter away this recipe!
- 3 cups local corn, shucked, kernels removed from cob
- ½ cup Schnucks shredded Colby Jack cheese
- ¼ cup local onion, finely diced
- 1 local jalapeño, finely diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Schnucks lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Schnucks eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Schnucks all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- ¾ cup sour cream (for garnish)
- Schnucks vegetable oil
- In a large bowl mix corn, cheese, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, eggs, cream, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat ¼" vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by ¼ cup scoops, flattening slightly, and cook until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side. Top each fritter with 1 tbsp sour cream and green onions before serving.
182 Calories Per Serving
SATURATED FAT: 5G