This risotto recipe from Schnucks has a hint of lemon to make a must-have meal plan addition.
- 1 tbsp Schnucks extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1¾ tsp coarse salt
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp Schnucks unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Schnucks grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups Schnucks rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1½ tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°. Heat oil in an ovenproof saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice until coated with oil. Add water, broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover pan and transfer to oven. Bake until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir in milk, butter, cheese, chicken, bacon, lemon zest, 1 tsp salt, lemon pepper and rosemary.