This risotto recipe is easy peasy.
- 1 tbsp Schnucks extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ tsp coarse salt
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp Schnucks unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Schnucks grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- ½ cup Schnucks frozen peas
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- Chopped fresh chives, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°. Heat oil in an ovenproof saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice until coated with oil. Add water, broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover pan and transfer to oven. Bake until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir in milk, butter and cheese.
- Toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon Schnucks olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Add to oven next to risotto and bake until tender, about 10-12 minutes.