Fresh start, fresh flavors. These tasty, nutritious recipes are the first step towards eating well.
WAFFLE LOTTA FUN
TOTAL: 10 MIN - 1 SERVING
Top toasted frozen waffle with 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 1/2 sliced apple and 1 tsp. honey.
PER SERVING: CAL 342, FAT 19G (4G SAT. FAT), CHOL 0MG, SODIUM 318MG, CARB 40G (8G FIBER, 22G SUGARS), PRO 10G.
Click edit button to change this html
TOAST WITH THE MOST
TOTAL: 15 MIN - 1 SERVING
Top 1 piece whole-grain toast with ½ smashed avocado and 2 scrambled eggs. Garnish with 2 quartered cherry tomatoes and season to taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce.
PER SERVING: CAL 335, FAT 23G (5G SAT. FAT), CHOL 327MG, SODIUM 280MG, CARB 21G (8G FIBER, 3G SUGARS), PRO 16G
EASY CHEESY MORNING
TOTAL: 1 MIN - 1 SERVING
Enjoy 1 Sargento Balanced Breaks Snack Pack with 1 banana.
PER SERVING: CAL 285, FAT 12G (5G SAT. FAT), CHOL 20MG, SODIUM 191MG, CARB 39G (4G FIBER, 22G SUGARS), PRO 8G
VERY VEGGIE FOLD-OVER
TOTAL: 5 MIN - 1 SERVING
Spread 1 tbsp. light cream cheese on 1 Fold-It Hawaiian flatbread. Top with 3 lean turkey slices, 3 cucumber slices, 3 tomato slices and 1/4 cup baby spinach.
PER SERVING: CAL 184, FAT 9G (3G SAT. FAT), CHOL 33MG, SODIUM 757MG, CARB 18G (8G FIBER, 3G SUGARS), PRO 13G
ISLAND FIRE PIZZA
TOTAL: 15 MIN - 4 SERVING
Brush 1 premade pizza crust with 2 tbsp. olive oil and top with 4 slices Canadian bacon. Evenly sprinkle 1 cup shredded mozzarella over entire crust, then top with 1 sliced chicken breast, ¾ cup pineapple chunks, ½ cup diced green pepper and 1 sliced jalapeño. Bake at 450 degrees until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
PER SERVING: CAL 314, FAT 12G (5G SAT. FAT), CHOL 23MG, SODIUM 689MG, CARB 37G (6G FIBER, 6G SUGARS), PRO 18G
BEEFY LEAFY TOSSED SALAD
TOTAL: 15 MIN - 1 SERVING
Whisk together 1 tbsp. Schnucks extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. red wine vinegar and 1/4 tsp. Schnucks Dijon mustard. In a large bowl, toss 2 cups Organic Girl fresh spinach, 3 oz. cooked and sliced Verde Farms organic beef tenderloin, 2 cooked and quartered new potatoes, 4 halved cherry tomatoes and 1 slivered radish with olive oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
PER SERVING: CAL 338, FAT 20G (4G SAT. FAT), CHOL 57MG, SODIUM 126MG, CARB 18G (4G FIBER, 3G SUGARS), PRO 23G
KICKIN' CHICKEN STUFFED PEPPERS
TOTAL: 30 MIN - 6 SERVINGS
- 1 Schnucks all-natural rotisserie chicken, shredded, bones removed
- 2 cups Full Circle brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 10 oz. can Schnucks tomatoes with chili peppers, drained
- 3 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks light sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix shredded chicken, rice, diced onion and tomatoes with chilies.
- Place mixture in pepper halves and top with cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, approximately 15-20 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and sliced green onions; serve immediately.
PRESTO PESTO PASTA
TOTAL: 25 MIN - 4 SERVING
- 8 oz. Schnucks whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 avocado, halved, pit removed and flesh scooped out
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a blender or food processor, process avocado, spinach, basil, garlic and olive oil to create a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once pasta has finished cooking, toss in sauce until evenly coated. Top with tomato, onion and sliced almonds. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
TACO BOUT SHRIMPLE
TOTAL: 20 MIN - 4 SERVINGS
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- Hot sauce of choice, to taste
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 12 Schnucks 31-40 count peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks vegetable oil
- 4 Mission Carb Balance fajita tortillas
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Schnucks plain Greek yogurt, optional, to garnish
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, garlic powder and hot sauce. Toss coleslaw mix in mayonnaise mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Evenly season shrimp with taco seasoning. Heat oil in a pan over medium- high heat and sauté shrimp until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Top each tortilla with three shrimp, 1⁄4 cup prepared coleslaw, one quartered tomato and garnish with Greek yogurt, if desired. Serve immediately.