Fresh start, fresh flavors. These tasty, nutritious recipes are the first step towards eating well.
WAFFLE LOTTA FUN
TOTAL: 10 MIN - 1 SERVING
Top toasted frozen waffle with 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 1/2 sliced apple and 1 tsp. honey.
PER SERVING: CAL 342, FAT 19G (4G SAT. FAT), CHOL 0MG, SODIUM 318MG, CARB 40G (8G FIBER, 22G SUGARS), PRO 10G.
TOAST WITH THE MOST
TOTAL: 15 MIN - 1 SERVING
Top 1 piece whole-grain toast with ½ smashed avocado and 2 scrambled eggs. Garnish with 2 quartered cherry tomatoes and season to taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce.
PER SERVING: CAL 335, FAT 23G (5G SAT. FAT), CHOL 327MG, SODIUM 280MG, CARB 21G (8G FIBER, 3G SUGARS), PRO 16G
EASY CHEESY MORNING
TOTAL: 1 MIN - 1 SERVING
Enjoy 1 Sargento Balanced Breaks Snack Pack with 1 banana.
PER SERVING: CAL 285, FAT 12G (5G SAT. FAT), CHOL 20MG, SODIUM 191MG, CARB 39G (4G FIBER, 22G SUGARS), PRO 8G
VERY VEGGIE FOLD-OVER
TOTAL: 5 MIN - 1 SERVING
Spread 1 tbsp. light cream cheese on 1 Fold-It Hawaiian flatbread. Top with 3 lean turkey slices, 3 cucumber slices, 3 tomato slices and 1/4 cup baby spinach.
PER SERVING: CAL 184, FAT 9G (3G SAT. FAT), CHOL 33MG, SODIUM 757MG, CARB 18G (8G FIBER, 3G SUGARS), PRO 13G
ISLAND FIRE PIZZA
TOTAL: 15 MIN - 4 SERVING
Brush 1 premade pizza crust with 2 tbsp. olive oil and top with 4 slices Canadian bacon. Evenly sprinkle 1 cup shredded mozzarella over entire crust, then top with 1 sliced chicken breast, ¾ cup pineapple chunks, ½ cup diced green pepper and 1 sliced jalapeño. Bake at 450 degrees until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
PER SERVING: CAL 314, FAT 12G (5G SAT. FAT), CHOL 23MG, SODIUM 689MG, CARB 37G (6G FIBER, 6G SUGARS), PRO 18G
BEEFY LEAFY TOSSED SALAD
TOTAL: 15 MIN - 1 SERVING
Whisk together 1 tbsp. Schnucks extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. red wine vinegar and 1/4 tsp. Schnucks Dijon mustard. In a large bowl, toss 2 cups Organic Girl fresh spinach, 3 oz. cooked and sliced Verde Farms organic beef tenderloin, 2 cooked and quartered new potatoes, 4 halved cherry tomatoes and 1 slivered radish with olive oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
PER SERVING: CAL 338, FAT 20G (4G SAT. FAT), CHOL 57MG, SODIUM 126MG, CARB 18G (4G FIBER, 3G SUGARS), PRO 23G
KICKIN' CHICKEN STUFFED PEPPERS
TOTAL: 30 MIN - 6 SERVINGS
- 1 Schnucks all-natural rotisserie chicken, shredded, bones removed
- 2 cups Full Circle brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 10 oz. can Schnucks tomatoes with chili peppers, drained
- 3 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks light sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix shredded chicken, rice, diced onion and tomatoes with chilies.
- Place mixture in pepper halves and top with cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, approximately 15-20 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and sliced green onions; serve immediately.
PRESTO PESTO PASTA
TOTAL: 25 MIN - 4 SERVING
- 8 oz. Schnucks whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 avocado, halved, pit removed and flesh scooped out
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a blender or food processor, process avocado, spinach, basil, garlic and olive oil to create a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once pasta has finished cooking, toss in sauce until evenly coated. Top with tomato, onion and sliced almonds. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
TACO BOUT SHRIMPLE
TOTAL: 20 MIN - 4 SERVINGS
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- Hot sauce of choice, to taste
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 12 Schnucks 31-40 count peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks vegetable oil
- 4 Mission Carb Balance fajita tortillas
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Schnucks plain Greek yogurt, optional, to garnish
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, garlic powder and hot sauce. Toss coleslaw mix in mayonnaise mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Evenly season shrimp with taco seasoning. Heat oil in a pan over medium- high heat and sauté shrimp until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Top each tortilla with three shrimp, 1⁄4 cup prepared coleslaw, one quartered tomato and garnish with Greek yogurt, if desired. Serve immediately.